Listing ID 3944836
Room in Apartment
2 Bedrooms, 2 bath
Total Sq ft 1000, Room Sq ft 126
1 Bedroom Available
Security deposit: 1 Month
No rental rebate
Carlton Avenue/Myrtle Avenue
||Current Roommates: Female
Start: 5/20/19 (flexible)
Lease term: Minimum 1 month
Corporate Housing: No
9 x 14 fully furnished bedroom available in a 2-bdrm/1.5-bath, clean, cozy 3rd-floor walk-up in a 4-unit building w/ chill neighbors. The master bath is all yours in the AM as I have my own half bath down the hall & I shower in the afternoons.
- $1,500/month (all utilities & hi-speed WiFi included)
- Fully refundable $1,500 security deposit due to hold the room (negotiable if staying less than 3mos)
- Short-term welcome! (usually preferred)
- No more pets: I have 1 short-hair tabby (20yo, sleepy, snuggly, sweet)
- Encased, TWIN memory foam mattress w/ gel memory foam topper (cool in summer/warm in winter)
- Deluxe sheets, down comforter, and extra pillows and blankets available
- Table/desk & chair for working
- Floor space for yoga or lounging
- Drawers/side table for storage
- Energy Star a/c unit & Vornado space heater/fan provided
- Industrial steel garment rack & hangers provided
Fort Greene is consistently ranked one of the best residential neighborhoods in all of NYC: Fort Greene Park & Saturday farmers market around the corner, 24hr organic grocery 1 blk away, laundry & wine shop across the street, BAM/Rose Cinemas 15min away, and gourmet coffee shops, fine dining, bars, boutiques, dollar stores, and hardware store within blocks. Ive lived in 2 different apartments on this block since 2004--Fort Greene is amazing! (both the original & the new Shes Gotta Have It were filmed on my block, to give you an idea of the mix/vibe)
- 5 Citibike kiosks within 3blks of our door!
- 7min walk to G @ Fulton or C @ Lafayette
- 12min walk or 5min bus to B/M/Q/R @ DeKalb (2 stops to Union Square)
- 15min walk or 5min bus to 2/3/4/5 @ Nevins
- 15min walk or bus to A/C/E @ Jay St
Im a friendly/busy lady entrepreneur originally from Minneapolis, but Brooklyn since 04. I own a small business, and do consulting & freelance writing on the side, so Im generally up around 8am to work from my home office. (We likely wont cross paths in the mornings.) Im pretty quiet at home except for calls and video meetings during office hours. I love to cook in the winter & sometimes host friends--I always give plenty of notice and an invite to join!
Ive lived happily with women, men, open minded, straight, friendlyers, students, suits, artists, etc. Chemistry is different with everybody...some of my best friends in NY are former roomies, but Im also happy to just be friendly ships passing in the night. Comfortable with all types as long as youre a good communicator, do your dishes daily, and clean your bathroom regularly. I like to start off with a coffee/drink/neighborhood tour to set us up for good communication.
I have a sweet, tiny, 20yo, short-hair tabby who mostly naps in my office, but she loves people and will snuggle up if invited. She has her own litter box closet under the stairs/separate from the rest of the apt, which gets scooped daily. She doesnt get around much at her age, and will never go in your room unless invited.
High speed internet
Laundry in bldg
Credit app. reqd