Below is some detailed information on what to do regarding security deposits, and apartment holding deposits.
Below are some common Sense Renting Tips
Holding Deposits & Pre-Payments:
1. If possible, you or someone you know should view the
2. If you cannot meet the landlord, have a phone
3. Never send money based only on email
4. A recommended holding deposit is 20% of a
5. If you are wiring money, only wire from
bank to bank.
6. Do NOT use wire services such as Western
Union or Moneygram.
7. Do not send money to a country
different than the country of the rental.
8. Get a signed
9. Get a copy of the landlords ID
1. A security deposit is not more than 2x the
2. Have your landlord inspect the premises before you
3. Deposits should be returned 30 days after the
If you have any questions regarding what do about giving a security deposit
please contact us by clicking the contact us
link at the top of the page. If you require rental contract please click the link below